Lifespring has taken the initiative to be the Nation’s leader in research on mental disorders, supporting research to transform the understanding and treatment of mental illnesses.
The vision of the is to be recognized as a leader in excellent, innovative, population-based mental health research that is relevant to policy and practice.
Lifespring undertakes a range of short and long-term research and development projects, focusing primarily on depression, anxiety disorders, autism, addiction, substance abuse and bipolar disorder.
• Excellence in research
• Dissemination of high-quality research through translation into policy and practice
• Training future leaders through research supervision and teaching
• A focus on research that is designed to be highly relevant to the mental health sector and to the broader population
• Incorporating the crucial lived experience perspective that consumers and carers bring, contributing to research directions, informing research design and in conducting research
• Collaboration with the mental health sector to reach common goals, including collaboration with academics from across disciplines, policymakers, service providers and consumers.
• Building capacity and sustainability in population mental health research